finally a bnode with a uri

Funded!

semsol gets funding
This is going to change everything. Well, almost. I will continue to work on my Semantic Web solutions, but there will be a major re-branding and finally a focused roadmap. My code experiments and projects are going to be critically reviewed and consolidated. (I can't tell yet what stuff is going to be continued, but I'll keep my SWEO commitments, esp. the knowee community project which is going to start in April).
Quite some orga action coming up, but I'm looking forward to a clean bengee.reboot()
  • I'll move from Essen to D�sseldorf, which is closer to Cologne, the DUS airport, and also a little away from the Web periphery here, with the Ruhr Valley still in reach, though.
  • The appmosphere wordplay is going to be discontinued. No German really managed to pronounce or remember it correctly, and the *-osphere naming is rather overused these days anyway.
  • The new brand will most probably be semsol.com which is going to be transformed to a Semantic Web Agency. (I've always been a frontend developer, combing this with an in-house RDF system will hopefully form a nice USP for the anticipated move towards info-driven Web apps.)
  • The open source RDF framework currently named semsol will get a new name (perhaps just "semsol suite", we'll see), and there will be more product-style solutions (a browser, an editor, a schema manager, etc.).
  • ARC will keep its name, but is going to be re-coded as ARC2 based on the experience and feedback obtained so far.
  • Less research-y slippery slopes.
  • More Germany-targeted activities.
semsol

Comments and Trackbacks

Congrats! But you didn't quite say who funded you, or to do what... You're doing your own startup?
Comment by Dan Brickley on 2007-03-20 15:49:56 UTC
Congratulations on the funding! Maybe its just me, but reading "ARC2" gave me an instant flash backs to my favorite 70s post-apocalyptic kiddie show:

ARK II
Comment by Daniel Mekonnen on 2007-03-20 16:34:19 UTC
Hey, thx. The source of funding is somewhere between Angel funding and Family-Fools-And-Friends Ventures. It's for developing the stuff I've been creating during the last years into a product suite and there'll be support to create a small service company around that. Not that exciting from a non-me POV, but really something I've been dreaming of for quite some time. Vague enough? ;)

Hehe, Daniel, I hope ARC2 isn't going to take until after the next apocalypse before it's deployable. Hmm, but I could need the code monkey... ;)
Comment by Benjamin Nowack on 2007-03-20 19:06:03 UTC
Very cool indeed, congratulations - it all makes me remember those old days when we started up .. great experience, good luck with all that!
Comment by Hannes Gassert on 2007-03-20 19:43:18 UTC
Heya Hannes, thanks a lot :) Ooh, Liip sounds great. Congrats and all the best to you, too!
Comment by Benjamin Nowack on 2007-03-21 08:21:45 UTC
Congrats bengee! Good luck with the new venture...
Comment by John Breslin on 2007-03-21 13:32:51 UTC
Thanks, John :)
Comment by Benjamin Nowack on 2007-03-21 17:21:13 UTC
I just posted in my blog (acordapraweb.com) about the funding for brazillian readers. Good luck with SemSol!
Comment by Alexandre on 2007-04-18 02:55:51 UTC
Hey Alexandre, thanks a lot :)
Comment by Benjamin Nowack on 2007-04-19 13:24:50 UTC
0 comments are currently in the approval queue.

Comments are disabled for this post.

Earlier Posts