finally a bnode with a uri

Sparqlets and more

SemanticWeb.org updates: new editors and sparqlets.
OK, this is hour 32 without sleep, so I probably can't write much. But blogging still seems to work as opposed to coding...

There are some new components on the eternal beta site. (Probably not only) the DERIans couldn't really get used to my generic tools, so I went back to the drawing board and more or less rewrote the whole stuff (less URIs and qnames, more "classical web site" structure). The new browsers are still based on a shared standard class, but I divided the "resources" section into 5 customized pages (events, projects, documents, people, software) and developed a set of resource-specific SPARQL queries to generate better tailored views. The filter forms are more or less fixed, but I already had a lot of fun with them (although noone seems to owe me beer..).

It took me some time to work around several issues, not only the bnode reference problem I mentioned, but I also needed a better index structure for the RDF store and basic inferencing capabilities in my query engine. I'm currently trying an experimental mechanism to pass OWLchestra-generated class trees to the SPARQL2SQL rewriter which then generates queries that allow me to retrieve conf:Workshops even when I only specified a type of ical:Vevent. Seems to work, not too sure about scalability issues, but I didn't like the idea of rdf:type 4ward-chaining either, so I'll stick to this approach for the moment.

There's a lot new (and hopefully more usable) stuff in the front-end. I've parameterized several of the framework's interface components and can now re-use what I call "Sparqlets": interactive page items that are based on SPARQL queries and JavaScript glue code. A "quick search" sparqlet in the upper right corner of the front page provides a suggest-as-you-type feature and allows you to easily search the whole RDF store. More sophisticated interaction possibilities are provided by the browsers, where you can now decide if a related resource description should be displayed in an inline sparqlet or as a separate summary. I've also integrated my unsmusher/resmusher in resource context menus, so that it's now possible to re-consolidate wrongly merged resource descriptions with a single mouse click, and without having to stop browsing.

but first: sleep.

Comments are disabled for this post.

Earlier Posts

Archives/Search

YYYY or YYYY/MM
No Posts found

Feeds